The East Christchurch-Shirley Cricket Club is one of the premier cricket clubs in New Zealand. Based at Burwood Park the club offers a first class environment to develop raw talent into world class players. East Christchurch-Shirley is the home of Black Caps Craig McMillan Nathan Astle and Michael Papps plus numerous Canterbury representatives.
The club features…
- New clubrooms for after match functions and all social events
- Four grass lanes for practice available four days a week
- One on one technique analysis and correction sessions
- Video work for skill and technique improvement
- Qualified coaches available for all sessions
- Pre-season fitness program at the Pro-fitness studio
- Pre-season hands on training at the C.C.A. indoor centre
- A weekend bonding and team/squad development programme
- A selection policy based on promotion by performance
Our annual report is available for viewing by clicking here.
Lead by NZ Cricket Level 3 qualified coach Neville Lyons with Garfield Charles joining our coaching team in 2006, with Ryan Burson and Scott Pawson replacing Garfield Charles in 2014/15 club season. This current year 2016 /17 season the senior squad will be lead by this new ex-Shirley player captain Dave Grocott and with the help of Ryan Burson will carry on the development of this exciting young squad,. East Christchurch-Shirley’s reputation of success is founded on experience, dedicated club administrators and a healthy cricket environment. This winning formula has seen East Christchurch-Shirley win three two-day championships and six one-day titles in the last fifteen years and the Senior men’s side has also lifted 3 NZ cricket club national tournament titles over this period of time.
We are inviting players either men or women who are interested in playing cricket to join our club. If you are a player with attitude, commitment and a desire to succeed then click here to register your interest.